Don’t go breaking your heart—follow these four tips to keeping a healthy, happy heart.
- Don’t smoke. We all know smoking is awful for your lungs, but smoking also forces your heart to work harder, increasing your chance for blood clots and higher blood pressure.
- Don’t skimp on your veggies, fruits, legumes, and healthy fats. These food groups provide important heart-healthy vitamins and antioxidants.
- Don’t skip cardiovascular or aerobic activities. Running, walking, hiking, and swimming all increase oxygen circulation, which keeps your heart in tip-top shape!
- Don’t bail on your annual checkup. Simple blood tests will help keep an eye on your glucose, cholesterol, and blood pressure—all key indicators of heart health.
- Make sure you’re getting enough CoQ10. Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) helps to prevent heart failure and fluid buildup in the body (congestive heart failure or CHF). This antioxidant is naturally produced in the body but supplementation may be suggested as we age.
- Increase your vitamin K. K1 is found in green leafy vegetables. This vitamin is crucial for calcium balance and is an important part of cardiovascular health.
- Add pomegranate into your rotation. This wonder fruit is packed full of polyphenols—the compounds that support endothelial heath, which help maintain already healthy blood pressure.
Have questions about any of the tips mentioned? Give us a call! Looking to add a supplement to your regimen? You can order directly from our Fullscript account.